Saturday, May 20, 2006

A Very Long Two-and-a-Half Hours

Transatlantic air travel with preschool children is like laying siege to an armed fortress. It must be done deliberately, fearlessly, and with a spirit of never-say-die endurance. The siege must be planned and prepared several days in advance -- and when the day of destiny arrives, it must be grasped and wrestled and arm-twisted until it says, “Uncle.”

Truth be told, it was brutal for our family to experience approximately ten hours of time passing as the hands of the clock swung from 11:20 in the morning to 13:50 in the afternoon... But the important thing is that it passed. And we made it. The fortress was breached. The battle was won. America was attained. And we’re anxious to see what will happen next...

2 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Blogger Marco said...

I'm anxious too Eric! Keep us updated about your adventures on the other side!

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Eric said...

I'm definitely looking forward to posting more from here in America... I was actually just realizing that this is my first time being in America while also having a blog! So all of the sudden, I've got ideas for a million-and-one stories -- about old places, old faces, comparisons and contrasts to Amsterdam...

I'm sure I won't be able to get around to all of the stories that are possible... but it's nice to have a break from my regular schedule to open up more opportunities for blogging! Thanks for checking in and caring about what's going on with our familiy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home