Saturday, February 11, 2006

Olympic Spirit


(Elliot gets into the Olympic spirit, with his pajamas, his bicycle helmet, and an old pair of work goggles transforming him into men's downhill medal hopeful, "Daddy Skier").

I'm not typically one for the constant drone of a television, trickling out noise from the corner of the living room to offer a multi-toned soundtrack to life's daily activities. I do not celebrate the practice of simply vegetating on the couch, remote control in hand, letting my eyes dance to the flicker of another world on the other side of the television screen...

But I must confess that the Olympics tend to be a bit of an exception in this regard.

Something about the combination of ceremony and sport, art and adventure, the subtle nuances of storytelling and the stark realities of winners and losers -- I become absorbed by the exotic world of Olympic games beamed into my living room from some far corner of the world. Perhaps this hypnosis is not the best, or the most productive...

Fortunately, it only comes every two years.

1 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a GREAT photo.... Elliot would definitely fit in on the "cute" circuit (and his "ski tights" would be the latest craze, I'm sure!!)... Go team!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home