Monday, September 18, 2006

Others Remembering...

In the vein of remembering The Zolder in this, its final week of use as our church facility, I wanted to post some further recollections that have been posted by other friends who have passed through Amsterdam at one time or another.

Stef shared some of her memories of the Zolder, as viewed from a scattering of visits with various short-term missions teams: "I still remember the first time I saw the Zolder. It was a year and a half ago. My first missions trip to Amsterdam. We walked up the seemingly endless staircase, through the doorway, and into a space that had clearly been set apart for God and His work..." Click on the link to read more...

And then, I'd also recommend a visit to Bret's blog, to hear some of his recollections of the commute from his home in the Watergrafsmeer to the Zolder (which, incidentally, happens to be very similar to my own daily commute, as we used to live in kind of the same neighborhood -- before Bret moved back to Colorado). Also check out Bret's collection of images from Amsterdam on his Flickr account (which can be accessed from his blog). To this day, my memory of the city and the church have largely been framed by Bret's creative lens...

Thanks, Stef and Bret, for adding your memories to the mix...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home