Monday, August 14, 2006

Rainy Days and Mondays

So this is what it feels like when summer turns on you with a vicious gleam in its eye, spits in your face, and drop-kicks you into autumn...

I woke up this morning with the realization that the "hay fever" which has plagued me for the last couple of weeks has now graduated into a full-blown sinus nightmare (a sinus infection or a flu virus or whatever; the diagnosis doesn't really matter). And if (extensive) past history is any indication (which it usually is), I will likely continue to suffer from this for the next several days... which momentarily makes me want to subject myself to some kind of experimental medical procedure such as a sinusectomy (even if it would mean living out the rest of my days as Darth Vader, half-man, half-machine, hissing my breath through a triangular respirator).

Then, biking my way to work through the pouring rain, I actually found myself wishing that I had chosen to wear gloves (!) to keep my hands from exposure to the wind and cold rain showers. Upon reaching the office, I stripped off my coat and rain-pants to realize that I had been participating in strenuous activity (bicyling) with three layers of clothing (undershirt, overshirt, and jacket) in the middle of August -- without breaking a sweat.

I hope that this is not a sign of what's to come this winter...

2 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger Jenni said...

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling good! I've heard that Watermelon can really help if you have those available to you :)

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Heather said...

of for some rain and cold!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home