Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ons 2 - Wereld 0



I wasn't going to say anything about it, but Naomi and Erica made me do it...

Much to the dismay of my wife, I came home this evening with the "coveted" Zolder50 cup -- for the second straight year (I say that it was to Marci's dismay because, well... Let's just say it's not the most beautiful mantlepiece ever crafted; thus she would have been more than happy for another home group to hold the prize for the coming year).

Seriously though, we had a great time participating in the second annual Zolder50 Speurtocht -- a race among the five home groups of the church to solve riddles and race through the city. The weather was beautiful, we got to meet some great new people, and our team used its combined strength, speed, and creativity to win the contest. I think that a speurtocht (scavenger hunt) is a great metaphor for the real role of a home group -- working together, complementing each other's strengths and weaknesses, facing challenges as a family, and having fun as we go along...

Plus, I thought some of the pictures turned out pretty cool -- so I decided to take the risk of sounding somewhat braggadocious and declare our victory to the world (or at least to the limited extent of the world to which this blog may reach).

2 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Blogger EP said...

Eric...

Seriously, Noami and I made you do it? I think we may have questioned what your next post would be about, but I'm not sure we made you. :)

It was a huge blessing to be able to join you all. It was an absolute blast!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Eric said...

I figured I might get some flak for the "made me do it" line... And it's true that you and Naomi didn't "make me do it" in the classic sense of threatening to abduct my children or pulling out a mafia coercion technique such as cutting off my pinky finger with a cigar cutter -- but you did "make me do it" in the sense that I hadn't really been thinking about it previously, until you guys brought it up.

So if someone were to ask me, "What made you decide to put up that post about the speurtocht?" Then, in that sense -- answering that question -- it would be completely honest to say, "Naomi and Erica made me do it."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home