Friday, July 28, 2006

Back in Business



In case you haven't heard (see my post on Hoop Dreams for more information), I'm currently campaigning to qualify for the tryouts of the Dutch National Disc Golf Team...

And while the good folks at Lipton can pride themselves on their ability to make a tasty and refreshing glass of ice tea, they have shown themselves to be a bit susceptible to technological glitches in their marketing schemes. Specifically -- without any kind of communication -- they altered the link to the profile page which had allowed good people like you to go on-line and vote for me. But thanks to a little perseverence and a lot of dumb luck, I figured out how to repair the link (in the original post, too) and once again stump for your vote to keep me at the top of the popularity contest which determines who will get to try out.

Fortunately, as of the time of this post, I'm still clinging to a 7.3 average rating and a spot in the Top Twenty (thanks to everyone who has already voted!). Nevertheless, I would be infintely grateful for your continued support (as there appear to be no rules or regulations to deter casting multiple votes). And I'll even be so bold as to offer a trick for casting multiple votes: once you have voted for me (hopefully with a 10!), you can click on "Top 500" momentarily and then go right back to "Vote" to put in another vote (again, ideally with a 10!); this process can be repeated for as you'd like (I suppose it's kind of sad that I know this, isn't it?)...

So yes, this is a silly gimmick. And no, it doesn't meaningfully impact the world much (if at all). But it sure is a lot of fun for me. And I'd appreciate your participation (hopefully you won't have much trouble finding a link in this post that can be used for joining the fun)!

2 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the new link and the shortcut method. I discovered that it takes 53 votes of 10 to raise your score from 7.4 to 7.5. And it only took about three hours of constant voting--not really, it was 5 or 10 minutes.

DA

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Eric said...

I love you, too, Dad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home