Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Moving Out


Moving out of the Zolder went much more smoothly than expected. We managed to finish ahead of schedule, no one was seriously injured, and the whole experience seemed to be a beautiful exercise in dependence on God and each other. I thought I'd share some of the images from the past couple of days (and let the pictures speak the thousands of words that they are supposed to do)...


This is what the Zolder looked like during the packing process: piles of boxes and furniture and people having a good time together between hours of hard work.


We had a great moving crew, with some truly providential help from a moving company called Stuart From England that serves as an employer to a couple of the guys from our church.


We moved out all the bulkiest and heaviest items by way of the window, with the rope-and-pulley system hung from the gable that epitomizes Dutch architecture.


Only the manliest of men could serve as rope handlers!


Since all of our furniture was down at street level by the middle of the day, we had our lunch break right out in front of the building!


Zolder50 is now officially moved out of The Zolder. I guess we should call ourselves "Exile50" now... until God leads us to our next home.

5 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

thanks for posting these pics and thoughts, Eric. It helps those of us who can't say good-bye in person to do it long-distance.

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger EP said...

It's great to see what's going on and keep up with everything through your blog.

Truly, it is such a blessing.

Thanks for being so persistent - even when people (like me) don't post our gratitude as often as we should.

:)

EP

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger Eric said...

I'm really glad that my processing can also be of assistance to the "Zolder diaspora" -- scattered from Amsterdam to the four winds. Indeed, the transition has been an unusual emotional journey...

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Bret said...

I too am glad that you have had patience adn fervor in posting about the move. It's funny cause I think I have reverse Eric syndrome now. What I mean is that I know how hard it was for you in the beginning (as you posted earlier) about not "being there for lots of the work". I feel the the same way now. In some strange way, I feel like I was never there. I feel empty in a sense - like I missed out on this next step. It's very weird. I think I'll post about it.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful photos and stories with those photos. I am encouraged by your faith and your love and your hope as a community.

Sorry I couldn't be around to help with the move.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home